Statement of Non-Discrimination
St. Brendan Catholic School admits students of any race, color, gender, or national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, financial assistance programs, and athletic and other administered programs.
To be considered for enrollment and to qualify for the In-Parish (subsidized) tuition rate, the parent(s) or guardian(s) and children must meet all of their respective eligibility requirements.
Parent Requirements for Eligibility
- At least one parent or guardian is Roman Catholic. Non-Catholic students whose parents accept the philosophy at St. Brendan Catholic School will be accepted on a space available basis.
- Parents or guardians must be registered members of St. Brendan Parish or another local/subsidizing Catholic parish before registering at the school.
- Parents or guardians must be active in the life of the Parish, worshipping regularly and involved in one of the many parish ministries, which includes the school.
- Parents or guardians must demonstrate parish support by being regular contributors to the parish according to their means, through the Sunday offering envelope, annually completing a stewardship commitment card indicating planned giving amount for the calendar year, and making a good faith effort to fulfill that commitment. Commitments may be changed if necessary by contacting the Pastoral Assistant for Administration.
- Catholic families not registered in St. Brendan Parish will be considered for admission on a space available basis. Non-Catholic families will be considered for admission on a space available basis, with the understanding that all students are required to participate in religious programs, liturgies and instruction.
Student Requirements for Eligibility
- Students entering kindergarten must be five (5) years old by August 31st.
- Transfer students:
- Students transferring from another school must not have had serious emotional, academic, or behavioral problems at the previous school.
- Students must also have demonstrated an average range of ability evidenced by records of transcripts from a previous school and previous principal’s/teacher’s recommendation.
- An interview and assessment with the transferring student is part of the admission process.
- Students applying for admission must present a copy of the current report card and standardized test results. These will be reviewed to determine whether the program at St. Brendan Catholic School will meet the educational needs of the students. Assessments may be held for new incoming students.
- All new students are admitted as a trial period, ensuring that they are meeting spiritual, social and academic expectations. If during this trial period there are any concerns, the family may be asked to withdraw his/her child from St. Brendan Catholic School.
- Non-Catholic students whose parents accept the philosophy at St. Brendan Catholic School will be accepted on a space available basis.
Enrollment Requirements Include:
- Verification of active parish affiliation/stewardship
- Health Records
- Immunization Records
- Birth Certificate (original)
- Baptismal Certificate (Catholic applicants only)
- Transcripts and Standardized Test Results
- Interview and/or Assessment
Preschool (3 year old class) is limited to 14 students with a certified teacher and a full-time classroom aide.
Pre-kindergarten (4 year old class) is limited to 20 students with a certified teacher and a full-time classroom aide.
Kindergarten through 8th grade class size generally ranges from 20 to 25 students. The primary classes (Kindergarten through 4th grade) have a full or part-time classroom aide depending on class size and student needs.
A class may be overloaded up to 30 students.
Student Priority for Admission
In the event that more students apply for a grade than there are positions available, the following criteria will be used to establish the student’s priority for admission. Criteria are listed in order of importance.
- Returning students who meet academic and behavioral expectations.
- Applicants who have a sibling already attending St. Brendan Catholic School, assuming continued support and involvement of the parents.
- Students who have attended St. Brendan Pre-kindergarten are given priority for admittance to Kindergarten provided the child meets the minimum Kindergarten readiness skills as determined by the school.
- Applicants whose parents are registered in St. Brendan Parish and are actively involved in parish life. The length of time in the parish is taken into consideration.
- After considering St. Brendan parishioner applicants, if there is still available space, we look first at active participating families of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish and/or Blessed Teresa of Calcutta, other subsidizing parishes, other non-subsidizing parishes, and lastly non-Catholics.
Wait List & Wait Pools
- All interested students will need to apply in order to be considered for our wait list or wait pool.
- Students who meet eligibility requirements but whom we are not able to admit because of space limitations will be put in a waiting list or pool (if they so desire). If openings occur, students will be considered according to the criteria list (items 2-4) above.
- Families must re-apply for admission each year. Consideration will be given to those who have applied before, assuming continued eligibility.
- Catholic families not registered in St. Brendan Parish will be considered for admission on a space available basis.
- Non-Catholic families will be considered for admission on a space available basis, with the understanding that all students are required to participate in religious programs, liturgies and instruction.