Parent Teacher Organization
St. Brendan School is very blessed with active and devoted parents. Although each family is required to give a minimum of 45 volunteer hours each year, over the past five years, most parents averaged 75 hours.
Parent involvement in school leadership is encouraged through the School Commission, Parent Teacher Organization, Development Committee, Technology Committee, and other school and parish committees.
Each year our parents are committed to successful fundraising for our school through annual activities such as the Orange Ruler Fun Run, Holiday Craft Fair, School Auction and the Scrip (Gift Card) program. St. Brendan PTO adopted a Fundraising Plan beginning in 2008 to equalize the stewardship among families. This plan has worked well to fund the PTO financial obligations to the school. A full description of the plan is available for review.
Our parents graciously share their time and talents with the school. They are involved in providing many extracurricular activities and programs for their children such as:
- coaching Catholic Youth Organization sports, including basketball, baseball, cross-country, soccer, and volleyball
- coordinating and helping coach the Chess Team
- chaperoning and driving on field trips
- volunteering as leaders for Boy Scouts, Campfire and Brownies (Girl Scouts)
- coaching students on the Speech Team
- chaperoning our fifth grade Environmental Education Week at Camp Seymour
- chaperoning on the field trip to southwest Washington as part of the students’ Washington State History class
- assisting the director in coordinating a spirit-filled eighth grade play each spring
- coordinating our emergency preparedness program
- providing lunch and playground supervision, as well as classroom and teacher support
Parent involvement in these activities and programs support the school’s mission. Without parental assistance, many of these opportunities would not be possible. A complete description of the Parent Teacher Organization involvement is available for review.
2018-2019 PTO Committee
|PTO President||Ivanna Sukkaremail@example.com|
|PTO Vice President||Camarin Wanamakerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|PTO Secretary||Jessica Kuchanemail@example.com|
|PTO Treasurer||Suzanne Amesfirstname.lastname@example.org|