All About Mrs. Compton!
Hello there! I can't believe that I will be starting my tenth year of teaching (Sixth year at St. Brendan's). I am so blessed to be able to be part of this community. I know this year will be full of fun, meaningful learning, and growth! I look forward to supporting and guiding your 5th grader(s) throughout this year.
A little bit about me, I have lived in the greater Seattle area my entire life. In 2005, I graduated with a B.A. from Western Washington University. In 2009, I received a M.A. in Teaching from City University. I kept busy by subbing in various school districts and private schools before being hired to teach 5th grade at St. B's.
I have been married for 12 years to my husband, Matt. Together we have seven “fur-babies” (five cats, one chinchilla, and one dog.), they definitely keep us very busy! I am sure your kiddos will be coming home with stories about these guys...they provide hours of entertainment!
Matt and I are parishioners at Saint Teresa of Calcutta Parish in Woodinville. In the past, Matt and I have enjoyed working with the youth in the youth group at our parish. This has been a very life-giving activity for the both of us as we continue to grow in our faith and lead others closer to Christ. A couple of years ago we stepped down from having an active role in the youth group, but you will still find us helping out with events from time to time. We have also lead our parish's RCIC program (Rite of Christian Initiation Children), and beginning this year, we will be teaching one of the First Communion classes at our parish.
5 Things About Mrs. Compton:
- I love to travel! I have been to Europe & Mexico twice, The Caribbean Islands and Canada a few times, and cross country with my mom once. I also lead the 7th & 8th graders from the school on a trip to Philadelphia/WA DC every other year.
- I love to scrapbook. Moments that pictures capture mean a lot to me, so I love being able to preserve these precious memories in a fun and creative way.
- Favorite snacks/treats: Gummy Bears, Kit-Kats, Apples with Caramel , Smartpop popcorn, pretzels, carrots with hummus, and iced 1% hazelnut lattes!
- I am a total Disney nut! (in case you couldn't tell by the classroom decor) I have been to Disneyland seven times & Disney World three times. Sometimes I feel "homesick" for Disney and you will find me watching videos online of some of my favorite attractions!
- I am passionate about my students. I feel as if our class is truly a mini-family and I hope that everyone inside our classroom will feel the same way. I promise to support each and every single one of them to the best of my ability.
1 John 4:7: Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.
I very much look forward to this school year and getting to know each and every one of your families.