6th Grade Student Organizational Skills (SOS) (Period 1) Assignments
- Mrs. Brenda Fogliani
- 2022-2023 School Year
- 6th Grade
Welcome to the SOS Class - Student Organizational Skills!The SOS Class is an introduction to basic work management and organizational skills you'll need to do well in middle school.The benefits of being an organized student include:* Better Grades* Less Stress* More Free Time* Boost to Self-Confidence6th grade will take the SOS Class on Wednesdays during the 1st trimester from 8:30-9:10 in Mrs. Wenzl's room beginning September 14, 2022.Weekly lessons in organizational skills will include: organizing a binder, using a planner, tips for working with others on a group project, self-advocating with teachers, note-taking skills, writing skills, etc.
No upcoming assignments.
Homework assigned Nov 16 that is DUE NOVEMBER 30th
(1) Do you MENTAL CHECKLIST daily (at least on school days) for the next 3 weeks to make this a habit.
(2) You need to be prepared to report back on how well your daily mental checklist is going when we meet again on Nov 30th.
(3) Read pages 126-131 in your workbook - Homework Habits. This is an independent assignment. Complete page 132 (handed out in class and attached below) and turn page 132 into Mrs. Fogliani on November 30th.
(4) Read pages 134-137 to prepare for our next lesson.
(5) Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and give your parents a hug to let them know how thankful you are for them!
(1) Read pages 118-123 in your workbook to prepare for next week's lesson.
(2) If you were absent today, you will need to complete page 96 on the Rubric.
(1) Read pages 90-93 to prepare for next week's lesson on the Rubric.
(2) Read pages 108-114 - Chapter 9 - The Write Stuff
Remember - Pay attention in class and tune in to your teachers' "To Do" information.
Due dates, deadlines, and following directions are SO IMPORTANT!
Homework Lesson 6 (Study Buds & Group Projects) and Lesson 7 (Impressing Teachers)
(1) Complete worksheet page 69 - turn in on Wednesday Nov 2nd
(2) Read pages 72-78 in your workbook to prepare for next week's lesson.
(3) Continued from 2 weeks ago - Put dates in your planner for the rest of the school year - to June 2023.
(4) Continued from last week - Email Mrs. Fogliani at [email protected] with your responses for the whole class Study Buddy contact list by Monday night 8 pm (Halloween).
Homework assigned October 12th
Homework due by October 19, 2022
(1) Read chapter "The Study Bud" (pages 50-59) in your workbook to prepare for next week's class.
(2) Label your planner with the dates throughout the school year - now until June - (You can skip school breaks if you want).
(3) Write important dates in your Planner:
* School Dates - examples include Picture Day, End of 1st trimester, Christmas Concert, etc. Use the school calendar provided in class (and below)
* Class Dates - examples include Homework and Project due dates
* Personal Dates - examples include sports practices, band practices, Mom's birthday, etc.
Homework Due October 12th
Continue to organize your binder or accordion file folder.
Homework Due 10-5-22
(1) Read pages 36-45 to prepare for next week's class.
(2) Read pages 82-87 and use handout page 86 as a helpful tool to organize your home workspace - no need to turn in page 86.
(3) Use handouts (pages 28, 29, & 30) to organize YOUR own Goof-Proof Binder and bring to next SOS class. Mrs. Fogliani will be checking all binders in class next Wednesday.
(4) Complete any unfinished prior homework if not already done: subscribe to the SOS class webpage, cover your textbook, and complete pages 14/15 "Truth or Dare"
(1) Complete pages 14 & 15 handed out in class and also posted below.
(2) Read pages 19-26 in your SOS workbook.
(3) Cover your SOS textbook if you have not already done so.
Homework week 1 - SOS
Homework week 1 - Student Organizational Skills (SOS)
(1) Watch a YouTube video "How to cover a textbook with a paper bag." Cover your SOS textbook with a paper bag (or equivalent) and bring your covered SOS textbook to class next Wednesday.
(2) Subscribe to Mrs. Fogliani's SOS class on the school website.
(3) Read pages 5-17 in your workbook.
(4) Have a great week!