6th Grade Student Organizational Skills (SOS) (Period 1) Assignments
- Mrs. Brenda Fogliani
- 2021-2022 School Year
- 6th Grade
Welcome to the SOS Class - Student Organizational Skills!The SOS Class is an introduction to basic work management and organizational skills you'll need to do well in middle school.The benefits of being an organized student include:* Better Grades* Less Stress* More Free Time* Boost to Self-Confidence6th grade will take the SOS Class on Wednesdays during the 1st trimester from 10:00-10:40 in Mr. Langston's room beginning September 8, 2021.Weekly lessons in organizational skills will include: organizing a binder, using a planner, tips for working with others on a group project, self-advocating with teachers, note-taking skills, writing skills, etc.
No upcoming assignments.
Mental Checklist Homework
Homework assigned today:
(1) Read "The Study Bud" (pages 50-59) in your workbook to prepare for our next lesson
(2) As demonstrated in class today, label your planner with the dates throughout the school year - September to June. (If you happen to run out of pages in your planner for June, don't worry, I'll provide you with extra pages for June at our next class, if needed.)
(3) Write Important dates in your planner:
* School dates (Picture Day, end of 1st trimester, Christmas Concert, etc.) - use the School Calendar handed out today in class.
* Class dates (Homework & Project due dates, field trips, etc.)
* Personal dates (Sports practice, Mom's birthday, etc.)
Have a great time on the field trip next Wednesday!
I'm looking forward to seeing you on Wednesday, October 13th - be prepared for another Binder Check!
Homework assigned 9-22-2021
Homework assigned 9-15-2021
(1)Watch a YouTube video – “How to cover a textbook with a paper bag”. Cover your SOS textbook with the paper bag and bring your covered SOS textbook to class next Wednesday.
- (2) Subscribe to Mrs. Fogliani’s SOS class on the school website.
(3) Read pages 5-17 in your workbook. Complete handout pages 14 & 15 “Truth or Dare” and bring to class next Wednesday.