Student Organizational Skills - 6th Grade (Period 1) Assignments
- Mrs. Brenda Fogliani
- 2020-2021 School Year
- 6th Grade
Welcome to the SOS Class - Student Organizational Skills!The SOS Class is an introduction to basic work management and organizational skills you'll need to do well in middle school.The benefits of being an organized student include:* Better Grades* Less Stress* More Free Time* Boost to Self-Confidence6th grade will take the SOS Class Wednesdays from 8:20-9:10 via zoom.Weekly lessons in organizational skills will include: organizing a binder, using a planner, tips for working with others on a group project, self-advocating with teachers, note-taking skills, writing skills, etc.
No upcoming assignments.
Homework - 2 parts
The Mental Checklist
(1) Complete worksheet page 124 - send a photo of your completed page to Mrs. Fogliani at email@example.com
THIS IS DUE TONIGHT BY 8:00 pm.
(2) Do your Mental Checklist EVERY morning this coming week - we will talk about your experience next week during class.
(1) Complete worksheet page 96. You will use pages 94 and 95 to complete page 96. Send a photo of your completed page 96 to Mrs. Fogliani at firstname.lastname@example.org This is due by Friday, February 19th at midnight.
(2) Read workbook pages 118-124 to prepare for next week's lesson.
(3) Have a great week!
Read pages 72-78 in workbook to prepare for next week's lesson
Students are individually assigned a "Dilemma" and are asked to prepare a responsible response (using the skills discussed in class today "How to Impress Your Teacher"). Students will share their responses to their individually assigned dilemma during class next week. 6th graders have been emailed their assignment and the attached list of dilemmas.
Read pages 64-68 in your workbook to prepare for next week's lesson.
Additionally, if you have not already done so, you need to create a SOS section in your binder where you will keep all of your SOS papers that need to be completed as in-class or homework assignments throughout the year. By keeping all of your SOS papers in one section in your binder, AND carrying your binder with you to and from school each day, you will always have the materials you need for class with you regardless if you attend in-person, remotel, or a combination of both.
Study Buddy Contact List
In Teams, under Files, students will complete their own personal contact information regarding how best they can be reached to help out as a Study Buddy. This needs to be completed by midnight on Monday, January 18th.
Homework - The Binder & the Planner
Read pages 36-45 in your workbook to prepare for our next lesson - THE PLANNER
(1) Organize your binder in the "Goof Proof" method
(2) Be prepared for a Binder Check on December 2nd
(3) Make sure that your home workspace/desk is organized - read Chapter 6 pages 82-87 in your workbook
We will not have SOS Class next Wednesday - We will meet next on Wednesday, December 2nd
Wishing you all a very Happy Thanksgiving!
Homework assigned Nov 11th
Homework for 6th Grade SOS November 11, 2020
- (1) Review pages 26 - 31
- (2) Organize your own binder in the “Goof Proof” model – see page 30 of your workbook. You will need to show me your binder next week in class over the camera in zoom.
- (3) I will send home some sheet protectors for you to use in your binder on Thursday’s end of day supply pick up.
- (4) Read pages 36-45 in your workbook to prepare for next week’s lesson.
- (5) Read pages 82-87 (Chapter 6) in your workbook and make sure to organize your home workspace.
Have a great week 6th grade!
Weekly Power School Check
Every Wednesday, 6th-grade students in the SOS (Organizational Skills) class and 7th & 8th-grade students in the Study Skills class will check Power School to view their current grades and any missing assignments.
(1) Log into Power School - view your grades & missing assignments
(2) In Teams, complete the Weekly Power School Check (this is a Word document that students can edit).
(3) List your Current Grades, Missing Assignments, and your Plan to Complete your Missing Assignments.
(4) Email a copy to your parents.
(5) If you have any missing assignments, include Mrs. Fogliani on the email to your parents.
(6) This is due IN CLASS every Wednesday
Samples are provided below for your reference
Week 3 Homework
Week 3 Homework
(1) Complete any unfinished previous homework: subscribe to the SOS class page on the School Website & Cover your workbook
(2) Complete and turn in the Truth or Dare worksheet (pages 14 & 15).
(3) Be ready for a Power School grades and missing assignment check next week - come prepared with your Power School login and password
Week 2 Homework
(1) Subscribe to the 6th Grade SOS Class page on the School Website, if you have not already done so. (PS it's a great idea to subscribe to ALL 6th grade classes!)
(2) Cover your workbook, if you have not already done so. There are YouTube videos demonstrating how to cover a textbook with a grocery paper bag.
(3) Read pages 5-13 in your workbook.
(4) Come prepared next Wednesday morning with your workbook and a smile! :)
Have a great week!
SOS Class 1 Homework
Good Morning 6th Grade Students! It was great to see your beautiful faces this morning! I'm really looking forward to getting to know you all better!
(1) Cover your workbook
(2) Make a list of 8 NOUNS and 8 ADJECTIVES that describe you, and be prepared to share these in class next week.
(3) Have a great week! :)