The St. Brendan Parish C.Y.O. Athletic Committee is chartered to provide an opportunity for the youth of St. Brendan Parish to participate in various sports activities in a safe, well organized, and properly supervised program; and to develop skills, self discipline, and attitudes of sportsmanship based on the Christian principles of fair play and teamwork. To this end, the Athletic Committee adopts the following guidelines:
- The athletic programs will always place the welfare of the student athletes first and foremost, and to that end, will follow the Parish Mission Statement and the philosophies outlined in the Seattle Archdiocese’s C.Y.O. Athletic Manual.
- The athletic programs shall endeavor to offer to the youth of the parish the widest range of athletic opportunities that can be properly supervised and maintained.
- The athletic programs shall be offered to the widest range of athletes possible from St. Brendan Parish and School.
- The Athletic Committee will be self-supporting and offered as economically as possible with the emphasis on participation regardless of ability to play.
- Coaches, parents, athletes, volunteer referees and others will be educated as to the C.Y.O. Code of Conduct and the importance of participation, sportsmanship, fair play, and safety.
- The Athletic Committee is a committee of the Parish’s Community Development Commission and is responsible to follow all parish guidelines.
- The Athletic Committee shall be responsible for developing, implementing, and enforcing policies regarding the athletic program in conjunction with this Purpose Statement.
C.Y.O. Sports is a Parish activity. Please visit the Parish website to view more details.