Welcome to Pre-School (Three Years Old)
Welcome to the 2018-2019 Preschool school year at St. Brendan School.
My name is Samantha Deitch. I am so excited to be your Preschooler’s teacher! We are going to have such a fun year of learning!
Preschool Weekly News
Week of 9/17-21, 2018
• Please email me, before 9AM, if your child requires hot lunch.
• If you have not done so, please send in a 4×6 photo of your child and their family for our “Our Families” bulletin board. I still need a photo from Grayson, Thomas, and Caleb.
• Don’t forget to order books from Scholastic! Orders are due Friday, September 28th.
• We have begun our Orange Ruler Fundraiser. This year we are raising money for outdoor activities for our Preschool and PreK students. Due to licensing restrictions they are not allowed to go on the big toy. We would like to add some items to their recess activities to enhance their learning and play while they are outside. Thank you for your participation in this fundraiser as we work towards these goals!
• Please remember that every Wednesday is an early release at 2:00PM.
• I have been adding pictures to the school website. Make sure to take a look!
• Please wash rest time blankets and return on Monday.
• Preschool does not currently attend Friday mass with the school. We will begin going sometime in October. I will keep you updated on the date.
Third week of school:
I will open our Dramatic Play center on Monday. We will learn all about the toys and how to take care of them in our classroom. We are still practicing lining up, using our bathroom, praying multiple times a day, and unpacking/packing up independently.
We will have an earthquake drill this week. We will learn how to keep safe by doing “Baby Bird” under our tables.
We will continue learning our shapes. We had such a fun time with Mat Man last week, so we will sing his song and put his body together a few more times. Mat Man is also multiple colors! This is perfect for learning our colors this week. We will do a fun science experiment by putting food coloring in water and seeing how the colors change with every new color added. We will also use droppers to put colored vinegar into baking soda to watch our colors explode! We will also get to do some fun cereal color sorting! It’s going to be such a colorful week!
9/19 – Early Release at 2:00PM
9/21 – PTO Welcome Back BBQ
9/28 – Scholastic Book Order Due
10/12 – No School
10/30 – 12:45 Early Dismissal – Conferences
10/31 – No School – Conferences
I am always here to answer any questions you may have. Don’t hesitate to ask!