Welcome to Pre-School (Three Years Old)
Welcome to the 2018-2019 Preschool school year at St. Brendan School.
My name is Samantha Deitch. I am so excited to be your Preschooler’s teacher! We are going to have such a fun year of learning!
Preschool Weekly News
Week of 3/25 – 3/29, 2019
• Wednesday, March 27th is an early release at 2PM and it is Spirit Day! Students may come to school in Spirit Wear and bring money for Student Store. Please send money in a labeled Ziploc bag in your child’s folder.
• Library books are due back March 27th.
• March reading logs are due Friday, 3/29. Preschoolers get to pick out a prize!
• Report cards will go home on Friday, March 29th. We’ve learned so much since our last report card! I am excited for you to see your child’s progress! It’s truly amazing!
• We’ll have another special cooking treat this week. Mrs. Perez will be coming in on Thursday to make Lumpia with us! It’s going to be SO tasty!
• Preschool will attend daily Mass with the school community on Friday, March 29th. Students need to be in full uniform. Drop off will be at the classroom door at 8:25AM.
• Happy 4th Birthday to Grayson on Monday, March 25th!!
Twenty-Eighth week of school:
In Letterland, we will meet our new friend Red Robot and his letter r. During the week we will work on being able to identify lowercase r by reading the story of Red Robot, practice writing the letter, singing the letter song, and doing a craft.
In Religion we will read “David Sang His Prayers” and “I Can Sing my Prayers” from our Stories of God’s Love curriculum. We’ll get a chance to play instruments while we say our prayers this week. Since David defeated Goliath, we will also try to knock down a paper version of him with beanbags in a fun game!
We’ll continue with our rehearsal of The Mitten.
We will begin our plant unit this week. We’ll start by planting our seedlings in old milk cartons. We’ll watch them grow over the coming weeks as we learn all about how plants grow.
At home this week:
• Time packing up to one minute. Practice at home with a timer.
• Find fun ways to build fine motor skills (cutting with scissors, puzzles, play Jenga)
• In your environment (books, playground, shopping, car rides) find lowercase letters a-q.
3/27 – Early Release 2PM
3/27 – Spirit Day
3/29 – March Reading Logs Due
3/29 – Preschool at Mass
3/29 – Trimester 2 Report Cards go Home