The purpose of the St. Brendan School Commission is to advise the pastor and the principal in the formation of policy and ongoing development of the parish school. The commission will fulfill these functions in collaboration with the pastor and principal and they will be consulted before a major decision is made by the administrative team in those areas of School Commission’s responsibilities. The board is consultative in the following sense: the members cannot act apart from the administrative team (pastor and principal) and cannot make decisions binding for the parish educational program without the approval of the administrative team.
School Commission Responsibilities
- Establishing a mission statement for the school
- Establishing goals for the school
- Establishing future plans for the school
- Formulating policies which give general direction for the pastor and principal.
- Developing plans/means to finance the school program including: tuition, fees, Development and PTO fundraising.
- Allocating resources according to a budget, in light of the long-range goals.
- Monitoring the budget
- Communicating with various publics about the school.
- Listening to the needs and concerns of the public’s through appropriate forums set up for this purpose.
- Recruiting students.
- Promoting the school to the parish and parents.
- Determining whether commission goals and plans are being met.
- Evaluating the commission’s own effectiveness.
School Commission meetings take place on the third Thursday of each month at 6 PM in the school art/music room. All school parents are invited to attend the commission meetings. For more information, please contact School Commission Chair Linda Severs: email@example.com.
We are pleased to share our approved meeting minutes below.